Competition Terms and Conditions
Table of Contents
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
- The competition is not open to:
Directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of SwingSave (PTY) Ltd or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
The spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in above.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the submission deadline. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. SwingSave (PTY) Ltd will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that:
Your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
A prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, which requirements will be made available to you.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us and will be listed here. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 30 days from the date on which the winner is announced, or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days from the date on which the winner is announced, the winner will forfeit the prize and SwingSave (PTY) Ltd reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- We may invite you to be present when the prize winners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. SwingSave (PTY) Ltd will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- By entering any competitions that requires photographs or videos you hereby consent and agree that SwingSave (PTY) Ltd has the right to use the supplied and/or captured photographs in any and all media for brand awareness including print, online and social media. You wave any rights, claims or interest you may have to control the use of your identity or likeness in the photographs and agree that any uses described may be made without any additional compensation or consideration of yourself.
- Some competitions require the creation of a SwingSave account, which indicates that you have understood and agreed to be bound by SwingSave’s Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, please DO NOT enter the competition that requires a SwingSave account or use the SwingSave platform.
For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co-promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
This Agreement will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
The decision of SwingSave (PTY) Ltd and the person judging a competition or any matter concerning any competition is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.